Sky's alive with ducks

mdunc8

I was out working last week and forgot about this spot on the Yellowstone until we came around a bend and jumped up I don't know how many thousands of ducks and several hundred geese. I don't duck hunt, but might have to start. Tried to grab the camera, but it was buried in the bottom of my dry bag. Who's got a boat and spread that's willing to take me:rolleyes:? I've never seen so many birds in all my life. It was ridiculous. Unfortunately we were also camping there that night. Between the geese and coyotes, I didn't get any sleep all night. There's also a few beavers I'd like to get my hands on down there. They decided to tear the snot out of several of my nets.

Geese are headed your way here shortly, i have seen them all over town an plenty in the air in the last week. We also had some light snow fall from the sky today to help push them south.

It's almost time. We scouted a lake last week and it was completly covered. If I can swing opening day Saturday, it should be fun!!!!

The dogs are ready to go...

mdunc8. I've got the boat, spread and dogs. I'm headed north for the opener but then down by big timber on the yellowstone the weekend after.

every morning when I get up the dog is at the door, sniffing to see if I put on camo..it's time, sorry I'm so far from montana, but if you get over boise, way, you're welcome to tag along anytime.

Thanks for the offer Choc. Montanadogs, I'll be chasing antelope that weekend unless I get lucky this week with the bow. I'll keep you posted. Good luck with your trip. Post some pictures when you get back.

I have drill this weekend so no duck opener for me. I am planning on taking next week off though and going after either elk or ducks, not sure yet. I have a silver lab pup that is itching to get out.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back