Silly but Serious Question

Do you paint or darken your face for close stalks?

• Gotta give it the tiger stripe, bro! #forthegram

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I never understood the whole face painting thing. Seems a bit ridiculous to paint your face and wear an orange vest. lol
Orange vests don't make any sense anyways. If one of the first rules you learn in hunter's ed is "know your target and beyond" and we can't trust people to follow that rule, then should we really let them have a hunting license?

Regardless, I don't know of any state that has extended the orange vest rule to archery elk season.

Orange vests don't make any sense anyways. If one of the first rules you learn in hunter's ed is "know your target and beyond" and we can't trust people to follow that rule, then should we really let them have a hunting license?

Regardless, I don't know of any state that has extended the orange vest rule to archery elk season.
It does in Texas if you're hunting public land during a gun season open in the same unit. I was hunting in an area that had duck hunting...but the duck hunters didn't have to wear orange...soo it doesn't make sense.

It does in Texas if you're hunting public land during a gun season open in the same unit. I was hunting in an area that had duck hunting...but the duck hunters didn't have to wear orange...soo it doesn't make sense.
It actually also does in Montana in areas open to guns, such as weapons restricted areas (shotgun and muzzleloaders). It's a state law. I thought I had talked a lawmaker into introducing a bill to make an exception, but it didn't get introduced this session. Maybe next time...

Colorado almost did last year after that muzzleloader accident.

Illinois requires orange during youth gun season and muzzle loader season. Archery is closed during firearm season. I wore a face mask bowhunting deer.

Hey guys, I'm gearing up for my first archery elk hunt, and I have a silly but real question. Do you ever paint your face or anything like that in anticipation of close stalks? I grew up duck hunting and I'm very aware of the shine my face can give off, so I often will burn a wine cork and rub it on my face to darken it and reduce any shininess. I now do this for most of my hunts including deer and coyotes. I was planning on doing this for my elk hunt, but is it necessary?
I never did until I saw this.

FP.jpg

I have to wear something to block out all my white hair.
Otherwise I'm waving a white flag...
Balclavas and an afgan head/neck scarf.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back