Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

SD Muley on Walk-in

Livnthegoodlife

This was my last day of hunting so I was really hoping to get a good shot. I spotted some deer about 1.5miles from the truck so I decided to walk and circle around behind them. I did not see the ones I was looking for but as I was walking back to the truck this one popped over the hill and stood there looking at me. I was downwind and he must have thought I was a doe as he started to come closer to me. So when he went down below the hill ridge I moved in closer and he popped up again about 200yds out. He still did not know what I was as he kept walking closer...closer...then I shot him as he turned broadside. (was worried he wanted to make me his girlfriend) :eek:

Click on image for bigger pic. Could not figure out how to post the bigger pic

nice buck, congrats.

deer1.jpg

deer3.jpg

Nice deer ,hope you were close to the truck by the time you got him.

No I was still about 1.5miles from the truck so i had to hike it back to truck to get my cart (got it early for christmas) and drive a little closer to the buck. I had to still cart it through snow, tall brush and a runoff creek for about 3/4mile. Boy I am sure glad I had that cart though! Will not leave home without it!

Thinking about getting one myself.Shot a doe with my bow last week and was pretty tired after I got her out of the woods.Don't know what I'll do if I ever get that monster buck.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back