MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

SC Lowcountry Swamp where I dog hunt.

rhomas

Banned
This is where I killed the first buck of this season, on Sat. 8/20.

Attachments

• Jed and swamp 015.jpg
    Jed and swamp 015.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 338
  • Jed and swamp 010.jpg
    Jed and swamp 010.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 332
  • Jed and swamp 008.jpg
    Jed and swamp 008.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 324
Little less coffee before you take pictures.I know you guys have some thick country to deal with.Never tried dog hunting for deer.I'd like to check it out someday

You guys have any bears around your swamps? North Carolina coastal swamps are loaded with some huge bears, wasn`t sure about SC.

No bears down here. Don't drink coffee, was trying to maintain balance with the mud sucking on my waders while balancing the shotgun and take the pic, sorry.

Teaser! Wanna see the buck! :)

Nasty country to romp around huntin - that is certain!

Grats on your buck.

Go to the thread titled: First buck of the 2011 season. I also started a thread with my #2 buck of the 2011 season. I'll be posting others as I kill 'em this season!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats on the buck!

I live in western NC in the mountains, my friend has family down in SC and I've hunted down there with them. I have never been so thankful that I live in the mountains. I was down there with them one time in September and it sucked! Hot, swampy, snaky, huge spiders and spider webs everywhere, it was really interesting walking in and out of the swamp to the tree stands in the dark.

My friend and his uncle got lost one night after dark and they were walking along through the swamp trying to find their way out when all of the sudden the uncle sinks out of site in a hole! All that was left was his hat floating! My friend can't swim so he was scared to death! After they got on better footing they fired some shots up in the air and some others in the hunting party found them and got them out of there.

Congrats on the buck!

My friend and his uncle got lost one night after dark and they were walking along through the swamp trying to find their way out when all of the sudden the uncle sinks out of site in a hole! All that was left was his hat floating! My friend can't swim so he was scared to death! After they got on better footing they fired some shots up in the air and some others in the hunting party found them and got them out of there.

Lots of old rotted out stump holes. Those swamps are not for the uninitiated unless you have someone who knows them with you, and suffice it to say that mucking around them in the dark can be a qualifier for the Darwin Award. Leave it to those of us who grew up in them, and the rest of you might want to hunt the ridge tops or the power line and gas line rights of way.

When I take new guys into the swamp, I always lecture them NOT to leave the spot where I put them, even if they shoot at a deer. I always let them know that I will come back to get them and/or search for the deer if it ran off after their shot. This ain't no tourist attraction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back