SB 245 Gets the Veto Brand

I guess the elk will never know all the controversy they brought to Helena.
But they are clearly in agreement that they want professional wildlife managers protecting their future ... rather than ideologically skewed politicians.

Pseudo sportsmen sometimes don't know what they don't know.

Never good to use a phrase that Toby Bridges uses Nemont. :)

Pseudo sportsmen sometimes don't know what they don't know.

Never good to use a phrase that Toby Bridges uses Nemont. :)

shiz.gif

We need a sarcasm icon

It's nice that the saga of SB245 is over. I like Senator Doug Kary from the article in the OP

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/lifestyl...13d-5580-9895-d30d9966ee3b.html#ixzz3ZNCAI1mB

He must read HuntTalk:)

Yup, pseudo sportsmen wanting access to go pseudo hunting. It is becoming a serious problem in MT.

I don't know why Bullock didn't sign this stupid bill if for no other reason than to not give the green decoy allegations any more exposure. I think we might also want to look at how well this requiring public access in exchange for late hunts is working.

As one of them there college educated guys you should know you should correctly cite and attribute your source.

How can I take you seriously that you want me to quit calling you names if you use it so proudly?

Nemont

As one of them there college educated guys you should know you should correctly cite and attribute your source.

How can I take you seriously that you want me to quit calling you names if you use it so proudly?

Nemont
ok, credit where it is due. How's this.
NE Montana's Sexiest Butt Hurt Hippie 2015.

Gov Bullock also vetoed SB 284, one of Brenden's "bison bashing" bills. Not surprisingly, the senator's response was the decades old hollow threat of landowners closing their lands and destroying the Block Management Program.
Harken back to yesteryear ... "Open State lands to recreationists and we'll lock up everything. Eliminate unlimited archery tags and we'll lock up everything. Pass I-161 and we'll lock up everything." Among the many issues responded to with the threat, but obviously the decisions in best interests of hunting and wildlife continue to carry the day. This legislative session in Montana was ugly, however it did illustrate the effectiveness of the people expressing themselves on the issues and both the legislative and executive branches responding accordingly. (with the exception of the "last ditch" effort infrastructure investment bill failure.) It also validates the Montana values regarding the great hunting legacy and the "Back from the brink" love of the wildlife entrusted to the State on behalf of those Montana citizens.

LOL Nemont.

straight....so far there has not been an issue polarizing enough to get every landowner in Eastern Mt on the same page, and I doubt bison will get "every" one of us on the same page...but it might...as to letting the professionals manage the wildlife? how is that working out? Maybe in your part of the world it is, but here in NE Mt. elk/deer management is a farce, just call and ask any landowner in NE MT, or most sportsmen for that matter. FWP is despised by the majority of landowners for their lack of management. All I have to do is drive around NE MT and look at the number of signs that are posted "No Hunting, No Access, due to FWP's mis-management". They are going to get to add 10's of thousands of more acres to that list by fall, from what I am told...so be sure to tell the "pro's" thanks for their wonderful management and all the access it has closed.

Ben, could not agree more, elk do make people stupid, or do stupid people become "stu-pidder" when you add elk?

Eric, the skewed information might be accepted since you live in that area of Montana. However, the fact is that the large tracts composing the most extensive Block Management Areas are mostly in eastern Montana. I cannot predict the future any more accurately than you, but the history is replete with the threats of those claiming the end of Block Management because they are shutting down all access. It has not happened during the past three decades we have heard those threats. Block Management is alive and well. BTW, many of those threatening to shut down access really never allowed public access anyway. Letting a handful of friends and in-laws hunt on your place does not constitute reasonable public access.
Your criticism of some FWP actions is undoubtedly justified, but is also overblown and spun politically by the likes of Sen Brenden, and even yourself.

Back