Rutting

AZ402

It appears the Muleys in North Central AZ are starting to rut a little. This guy was with 9-10 does and pushing them around. Not a bad buck for this area.

P1160864.jpg

Wow, it seems late. Thanks for posting.

For this part of the state it's just about right. I've seen them rutting during archery javelina season in early to mid January around Cottonwood/Sedona.

Down in S.AZ the rut is probably just about to kick in as well. I think that clown from WI will hit the rut just right.

The farther South the later the muley rut for the most part. A bunch of the Mexico muley hunts don't start until January.

For this part of the state it's just about right. I've seen them rutting during archery javelina season in early to mid January around Cottonwood/Sedona.

Down in S.AZ the rut is probably just about to kick in as well. I think that clown from WI will hit the rut just right.

The farther South the later the muley rut for the most part. A bunch of the Mexico muley hunts don't start until January.

Yeah I know, I just always forget how much farther south you are. Our rut around here peaks around Thanksgiving.

It's crazy that they'll be dropping antlers in your part of the country in January. Most of AZ will still have archery hunts going on that entire month....

Stan
that "clown" is coming down for some archery hunting?

I am going to probally hit 9 maybe 12 and 13 for yotes, but maybe even 6a and 22, Gotta see what happens after christmas

Pretty much blows that all the single digits and 22 are excluded from the december archery hunts. Messes with my plan. Del you going to 13 to shoot yotes???????? Thats kind of like going to Mead for stripers.:D Cool pics Stan!!

Pretty much blows that all the single digits and 22 are excluded from the december archery hunts. Messes with my plan. Del you going to 13 to shoot yotes???????? Thats kind of like going to Mead for stripers.:D Cool pics Stan!!

I'd like to if I could get away for a few days and someone else came along. seems like everytime I go up there I get more than 2 flats or one of the vehicles breaks and I have to walk to get some help.

more than likely it will be just unt 9 for the day and probally take the kids, they like it up there, working for your self sucks I can never get time off. I am working today even and should be home.
Wanna go yote shooting sturge? I will leave the kids home

I would, but already have plans that weekend. I'd love to get into 13 and do some pre-scouting for my eventual strip tag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZ Huntin'
Back