Ruger + Marlin

Such good news to see that Marlin will end up with an operating firearms company who seems to be doing well. I am not a fan of roll ups or VC's assembling companies....the product never seems as good as before the sale.

I think Ruger is making the same mistake as Remington and overextending themselves. Marlin will probably disappear altogether in three years or less.

I heard about this. I think Ruger acquiring them could be a good thing, but who knows... I hope they realize that people still want to be able to buy a shiny lever gun with nice wood. I don't think that will ever go out of style... I'm getting tired of seeing matte blued rifles with flimsy plastic stocks that aren't floated over the barrel. haha

I think Ruger is making the same mistake as Remington and overextending themselves. Marlin will probably disappear altogether in three years or less.
Remington was acquired by vulture capitalists who saddled the company with debt. Then came the law suits from both the trigger fiasco and the Newtown shooting victims family's. It's not hard to see what played out after that.
Ruger acquiring Marlin on the cheap after Remington totally retooled the company with modern machinery isnt the same situation by a long shot. I suspect Ruger will do well on its investment.

Just had a thought. Ruger makes a single shot .460 s&w rifle. Wonder if they would see a possible profit making a marlin chambered in .460? The only repeating rifle in .460 right now is from bigbuck$ bighorn armory. A reasonably priced .460s&w levergun from marlin might actually go over pretty well since it can also fire .454 casull and .45lc. (Assuming the rifle was designed in such a way as to be able. I know more stuff going on with a lever gun than a revolver) Id buy one in a heartbeat.
A guy can always dream. Dont crap on my dreams!

Okay thinking about it i dont see any way a .460 rifle could fire .454 or .45, but id still buy one today

Okay thinking about it i dont see any way a .460 rifle could fire .454 or .45, but id still buy one today
Yeah, sign me up! A .454 level has been on my fantasy list for a while. I'd love to see one between the low end Rossi and the high end stuff.

Yeah, sign me up! A .454 level has been on my fantasy list for a while. I'd love to see one between the low end Rossi and the high end stuff.
I made a pitch on the ruger website contact the ceo thing. A lot of guys like having a rifle and handgun in the same caliber. Hell, thats why i bought a .357 marlin, to go with my sidearm. Id love to have a .460 lever to go with my .460 revolver. Would be a badass bear calling gun.

I dont know how many of those single shot .460s ruger has sold, but i bet a .460 lever action would sell more than the no1

I don't think the Marlin actions can handle the pressure of a .454 load. I looked it up the other day thinking along these same lines. I'm assuming it would be the same w/ .460SW, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Back