Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

REWARD offered: Illegal OHV use

tbrass

Have you had an elk hunt ruined by illegal OHV use? Report illegal OHV use and be eligible for a reward.

This makes me fuggin laugh hysterically. Go ahead call the "authorities".

Signed the person who JUST got back from court today for trying to turn someone in, For the second time………………

Yep, it's not worth your time. The FS is handcuffed by no real penalties, even if their own LEO's catch them red handed. Judges have actually thrown out good cases "because they don't have time for such trivial crap."

I had a buddy in the bitterroot collect on that reward. $500 if I remember correctly.

Day before the archery opener here, I pedaled and hiked into a spot only to have two motorcycles come ripping through. never saw them myself, but was close enough to here them talking just before the tore down the non motorized trail. I was pissed! Turns out it was just a couple of DB's out trail riding. thought about turning them it, but again they were there and gone pretty darn quick. Unless I actually had a picture identifing them i figured it was a lost cause.

The reward program was developed with the acknowledgement that cash-strapped federal land managers have limited enforcement presence and that those of us who are un-the-ground, witnessing this kind of activity are perhaps best able to report offenses to the authorities. There's way too many stories of hunts ruined by reckless OHV use. These "few bad apples" should not be allowed to give hunters a bad name, ruin habitat and ruin hunts. While enforcement would ideally be enough, this is not always the case (see poaching tip lines). If you have an image, registration # and location, it's difficult for enforcement to ignore, but if you have all this information and folks are still ignoring you - let's talk.

Well as Frenchy said the Root must be the exception. You see fines all the time in the paper here. FS law enforcement will check it out and prosecute you. They will over step their own bounds at times here. I guess I'd rather them be a little over zealous than complacent.

At least you have them. When I lived in NM, I was good friends with the supervisor of the Forest Service Law Enforcement. He covered virtually all of southern NM and did not have much personnel.

Here, the Game and Parks will waste money on lots of pure crap and not hire enough wardens.

$500.00 reward paid

The Bitterroot is also the first place in the nation that this reward was paid.

A $500.00 reward paid last year by Backcountry Hunters to a concerned elk hunter who placed trail cameras on non-motorized trails and the Forest Service used this information to write tickets to 2 dips on ATV behind closed gates.

This illegal gate crushing can be stopped but we all have to help turn these guys in and save your favorite hunting spot.

its sad that more can't be done, but, if they are spread that thin its going to be tough to catch them. . . . .around here it may or may not get you shot.:D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back