Yeti GOBOX Collection

Recommendation for Ground Blind/ Stool to pack in

Rc1275

I was lucky and got drawn for an Arizona Bull Archery Tag. I plan to chase bugles in the morning and hunt isolated wallows and tanks during the afternoons. I intend a ground blind in to those locations up to 2 miles.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a seat to shoot a bow off of and a ground blind that is packable?

At 26 pounds I would not necessarily say that it is packable, but I have lugged around my Double Bull blind quite a few miles. It comes with a large bag with a shoulder strap and a stool, at least when I purchased it. Granted, this was in flat or gently rolling Midwest prairie.

Depending on what you have around you to supplement your blind I've used a piece of camo burlap like material that is zip tied to some small fiberglass electric fence posts and a foldable stool. The fence posts might not work where it's super rocky though. I've set this up with a few good trees or large bushes as a backdrop and used some brush and limbs to add to it, and it worked pretty well. Very light weight and packable.

Most stools are pretty low and it can be an issue depending on what you are shooting. I used to carry an rei tripod stool that weighs about 1.5 lbs. Its a little short to be very comfortable but its light and it beats sitting on my knees. I actually prefer a tree seat that I set about 30" off the ground and use with a natural blind. Might be something to consider.

In AZ most every tank or wallow will have an old natural blind that someone has built. I would rebuild these / add to them rather haul in a ground blind.

I've had one of these styles of stools for over a decade. They are bit harder to shoot from since they lack a back rest but they work and are light. They are also good for glassing. https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Camp...rds=travel+tripod+chair&qid=1690990623&sr=8-5

DM me your unit and I probably haves some info to share.

Thanks for the input. The stool is probably my major concern. I am going to try and grab an option soon and start shooting off it. I want to make sure it will fit my height for the ground blind. I have never used a ground blind, only climbers for white tails. I am heading there this week. I will make some blinds while I am there checking tanks. That is a great idea.

I spent a day one August making a ground blind from Cedar boughs. 20 yards from a wallow. Forgot to set a pin for it and never found it again.
Set a pin for each ground blind you make.

I just use a regular lawn chair. The ones with no arms are better for archery.
This.
Use a cheap Walmart lawn chair. They are lightweight and you remove the screw that holds the armrest material to the pole. Sit at a 90 from your expecting target. When an animal comes in you just sit up, slide the armrest material off and shoot to the side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back