Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Reagan quotes

One of the newscasters, Sam Donaldson I think, was preparing to chastise President Reagan over the economy and said something like: "Mr. President don't you feel some responsibility for the state of the economy?" Ronnie replied, "Well, yes; I used to be a Democrat." :D

[ 06-11-2004, 11:00: Message edited by: pawclaws ]

"Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose your job. Recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his job." :D

Okay here is the quote that I thought about first.

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

:eek: :D

Hey I cant help myself sometimes. I remember hearing about Prez Reagen falling asleep during cabinet meetings and thought it was cool that he was exactly the way I would have been at one. ;)

"Whatever else history may say about me when I'm gone , I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes , not your worst fears ; to your confidence rather than your doubts . My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty's lamp guiding your steps and opportunity's arm steadying your way"

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream -- the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order -- or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. Regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would sacrifice freedom for security have embarked on this downward path. Plutarch warned, "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits."

Ronald Reagan -October 27, 1964

Back