Ranchers should be worried about the rabbits instead of bison

Katqanna, I agree entirely.

My statements werent in opposition to any and all reintroduction of bison.

My original statements were in regards to cattle and bison sharing the same public ground, which is not a position this ranch finds ourselves in , Yet.

My statements were based on the original topic, which occured in utah, and the fact that a ranchers concerns, more often than not, are legitimate.

I mentioned the Fort Peck Reservation reintroduction, not from opposition to it, but rather from concerns that arise from it. Concerns dont necessarily translate to opposition if they are adequately addressed.

As for bison, I have worked with " domesticated" bison.

I have also witnessed a wild bison bull in wyoming charge and hold at bay a payloader, yes a payloader. The loader was part of a road crew resurfacing the highway between Cody and Yellowstone. I watched with my own eyes as that bull charged the loader and backed it up against a hill alongside the highway. I spoke to the operator of the loader later that evening at the wapiti bar. He said that bull kept him pinned for 3 hours before returning to his cows. I know what wild critters are capable of. That bull wasnt under the stress of being moved. He was acting normally in defense of his herd from a perceived threat.

Yeah, I agree, I dont want to see cattle and bison sharing the same ground either. Not a beefalo fan, genetically and aesthetically, some of them look just plain wrong. I think it would lessen conflicts if people looked at a reintroduction sans cattle grazing allotments.

Now that is a mental picture, trapped for a few hours in a payloader. I hope that he does not become habituated to doing that, or worse, the tourists who seek that kind of footage out for the internet, putting wildlife at risk like that bighorn ram in Wyoming Bam Bam.

Now that gentlemen, (and lady :) ) is what is called dialogue.Much different than some "discussions" that have taken place about this subject in the past. Most of the answers to wildlife/rancher challenges and conflicts will be found much sooner when all parties seek to find answers to real problems rather than resorting to hyperbole and ad hominem attacks. Well done.

Now that gentlemen, (and lady :) ) is what is called dialogue.Much different than some "discussions" that have taken place about this subject in the past. Most of the answers to wildlife/rancher challenges and conflicts will be found much sooner when all parties seek to find answers to real problems rather than resorting to hyperbole and ad hominem attacks. Well done.

Who you calling a Hominem?:D

ad homonym- Saying the same old thing in a different way in a different election cycle. (see political ad)
I googled the word the first time so I could sound smart.:D

Homonyms (also called homophones) are words that sound like one another but have different meanings. Some homonyms are spelled the same, like bark (the sound a dog makes) and bark (the outer layer of a tree trunk).

Don't think I've seen pictures of katqanna or cowman but I've seen the stuff you've posted on Facebook. Don't know if you qualify as a hominem. I'm suspicious you're probably a card carrying member of one of those green decoy organizations. :D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back