Yeti GOBOX Collection

Rain gear suggestions

dcopas78

I am interested in some information regarding what type of rain gear you all use. I have been looking at kuiu chugach, cabelas mt150, and a few others, but it's really something I have little experience with. If I get a set, I would prefer to get something that will last several seasons.
Thanks in advance for info
Derek

I have an ultra-light Patagonia rain jacket that always seems to make it in my pack on most trips, but I think I've come to the point I'm not bringing any rain gear on most trips. 99.9% of the time it's raining enough to put a hard shell on, I'll stop to find a decent spot, throw my tarp up and glass from under it.

I wore Helly Hanson impertech for 8 straight days in southeast Alaska, and the jacket/pants worked flawlessly. It's not a breathable material, but wasn't uncomfortable at all. It's definetly too heavy to carry unless you know it's going to rain all day everyday.

I'll let you know about Marmot's Super Mica rain jacket soon. STOLE one off ebay for $45. They list north of $200. Under 7 ounces in my size. I'm excited to give it a try.

I have a dry-plus jacket from Cabelas for everyday misting but wear impertech when I expect rain.

MT050 is ok, I went to packing a lite marmot rain jacket and pant. crushes down and no extra lbs with lots of extra insurance! throw it on, sit down and chill out until it passes.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back