Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Radio Use!!!

phutch30

I had some friends and their kids over this weekend trying to get a cow or two and a deer. I was designated child care while stalks were conducted. The whole weekend I listened to people on the radio telling other people where the deer or elk were and walking them into the animals. WHY? other than a-holes driving off rd or on closed rds this is my biggest pet peeve in hunting. I have no issue with people using a radio for safty or general communication but sitting there listening to kevin tell jinx that the 4x2 is right in front of him about 100 yds and he needs to hustle befor it hits the trees on his right drives me through the roof. What happened to actual hunting???? It seems like now too many people are just lazy slob hunters.

It's illegal to use two-way radios to pursue game in Montana, but legal in other states. Tough to enforce, anywhere. That doesn't make it ethical, in my book. To me, it would take the fun out of the stalk. That said, I have a radio in my pack and have used it to summons help packing out elk. Once again, a handy tool abused.

I have no issue with using it to summon help or to tell your partner your going in for lunch whatever. I just wish I had cell coverage where I was to call the local warden. 3 parties were using names and giving locations where they were. I knew right where they were. Warden would have had no trouble.

Get on the radio and tell them you are game warden. Tell them they must stop their hunt and return to their cars where you will meet them and write them a citation. You might as well have fun ;).

Get on the radio and tell them you are game warden. Tell them they must stop their hunt and return to their cars where you will meet them and write them a citation. You might as well have fun ;).

I like your style!!

"You in the Orange, Turn around and head to your pickup, i'll be waiting":D

Get a good radio and put it on scan then drive around any of the general season units in Idaho on Oct 10

You can try the good old fashioned radio troll.
When you hear they are locating game start saying stuff like "yeah I see them" or "okay I'm going after him" and "thanks for telling me he is there I would have never know will you guys help me get him"
Depending on your acting skills you and your buddies could also do a little ad libbing. A personal favorite would be - " so should I just put his body by the canal and cover it with some rocks and sticks?" Long pause- reply "what did I tell you about talking over the radio? NO- I'm not going to prison because you're too lazy to dig a hole!"
The only limit is your imagination.:D

I actually did this very thing once in Western MT. I knew the guys on the radios, disguised my voice and told them to head down to their trucks. Course their was nobody at their trucks........and about a week later, I ran into one of them in a convenience store........I walked up and said, "hey fellas, this is the warden, get down to your truck immediately"........You could tell he was trying to ponder smiling or punching me in the face:)

Just another thing abused by the lazy and incompetent. Ban them, and ATV's too. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back