Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Quebec Hunter Killed

Nemont

Pulled this off of another board.

Tragic News. Pro-Staffer Shot.

We just learned that Avery Pro-Staffer Josh Leger was tragically killed yesterday while hunting in his home province of Quebec. Details are sketchy at this point, but apparently someone in an automobile fired a rifle at his decoys hitting Josh in the head.

"He was out hunting with friends and clients and someone thought his spread of snow geese was an actual flock that had landed. The guy pulled over and crawled his way into the field and took one shot with a .22 rifle. Hitting Josh right above the eye. His partner heard the whistling of a flying bullet and then a tiny impact, asked Josh if he had heard. When no answer came, he turned around and realised Josh had been hit."

The guy who killed his has now arrested and will be charged.

This is the link to Josh’s bio. He was the real deal.

Josh Leger bio

Bill

I have left my goose decoys out in a field over night before and found bullet holes from high powered rifles in them the next day. I have always wondered what would have happened if me or my son or one of my buds had happened to be laying out there. Idiots. |oo |oo

Nemont

Tragic. Is it illegal in Quebec to shoot waterfowl with a .22? I imagine so. Shooter ruined a lot of lives with that retarded decision.

Absolutely senseless. How could somebody crawl out through a field towards a decoy spread and not realize at some point that they weren't real?

That is a pretty stupid decision on the shooter's part. I know some guys who have used high power rifles on turkeys that is a waste and dangerous too.

That is a sad deal.

I read a story a couple years ago about a farmer who was having problems with geese eating some type of crop he had harvested but was still out in his fields drying or something like that. Anyway his land was enrolled in the public access program that South Dakota has and a couple guys were out there with dekes and layout blinds, the farmer pulls up and sees the dekes and thinks its geese eating his harvested whatever and pulls out a rifle and fires one shot into the "geese" and kills one of the hunters. Relizing something wasn't right he drives his truck out there to see whats up and the other hunter thinks hes coming out to kill him too and takes off running. The farmer finds the dead guy and calls 911 and is totally besides himself that he just killed a hunter. Another sad sad deal for everyone envolved.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back