Processor Douglas & Newcastle?

I would recommend the one next to the highway that is across from the ford dealership. Think it's called Jims. good people, nice and clean inside. The one I would absolutely never go to is called Grizzly processing. That was by far the dirtiest meat processor I have ever been to. Place was a dump. Watched them treat a nice elk cape like crap and drag It's nose across the floor, got back in my truck and left.

If you are in Newcastle, go to the Fly-V Cambria. It's about 8 miles north of town in the hills. They are a great outfit. They do processing and there's a guy named Jesse that operates Rocky Top Taxidermy out of the same place. Good people. They always have a cooler of free beer for their customers, so we usually have one and shoot the bull while we take care of the processing and taxidermy particulars. Jesse does pretty nice work and isn't too expensive, something that is rare in taxidermy. He's currently doing 5 mounts from our last hunt and we'll be taking anything we're lucky enough to kill this year to him too.

There is also a processing outfit at the Pizza Barn. It is adequate, but I'd recommend the Fly-V instead.

If you are in Newcastle, go to the Fly-V Cambria. It's about 8 miles north of town in the hills. They are a great outfit. They do processing and there's a guy named Jesse that operates Rocky Top Taxidermy out of the same place. Good people. They always have a cooler of free beer for their customers, so we usually have one and shoot the bull while we take care of the processing and taxidermy particulars. Jesse does pretty nice work and isn't too expensive, something that is rare in taxidermy. He's currently doing 5 mounts from our last hunt and we'll be taking anything we're lucky enough to kill this year to him too.

There is also a processing outfit at the Pizza Barn. It is adequate, but I'd recommend the Fly-V instead.

I agree! Rocky Top did an excellent job on my antelope and mule deer.

Back