Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Price check on a rem 700 bdl.

Stocks are both the flimsy fiberglass models. BDL SS might have J-lock, depending on timeframe. BDL gloss blue models and ADLs of that era wore sights, but it was rare to have an SS w/ open sights, comparatively.

I have one. It was available before the SPS was. mtmuley
My best friend has one in 7MM RM. it’s a tack driver. They’re excellent rifles and will hold their own with any production rifle made today. I’d be proud to own one.

Condition is key. Check the barrel for pitting. I once found one with a barrel that was slightly bent. You can see it just looking down the barrel. If the previous owner maintained the rifle in good condition $700-800 is a good price without the scope. With a scope, add the value of the scope too.

Talk about pitting. I have a 1903 Springfield built by Paul Jaeger in 1945. Inherited it from a very close friend when he died. Took it to a gunsmith and he checked the barrel and it was pitted everywhere, he said the barrel was ruined. Well ii has PaulJaegers name on it and a new barrel destroy's the value if it matters to anyone. Rifle was appraised in about 1992 at $7500! I took it home and worked up a load for it with 180gr bullet's and best I could get was just over 1" group's, about 1 1/4" average. Don't recall the velocity any more but it was low. About 4 yrs ago I decided valuable or not, I was going to hunt with it, It's my elk rifle. Three elk in three sshots all dead right there! Seem's that old worn out barrel doesn't know it's worn out! The scope I use on it is abut 1971 Redfield 2 3/4x widefield. Bought it new back then!

Hope this works!
JEfgdVGl.jpg

Last edited:
Back