Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Prairie Dogs

Calif. Hunter

I just got back from my trip to AZ. Since it was my first time, I did not have much to compare it to. Both the locals and the friends I was with who had been there before all said it seemed like a very poor year for dogs! I'll write more later, but what has been everyone else's experience this year?

Hey Cali, we shoot at 4 local pastures and the numbers are excellent here. 2 of our places are not presured much and the dogs are dumb. The babys are finally getting smarter and the shots are getting farther every day. We go every sunday to a different spot shoot alot of 22mag but will go to the big guns when needed. HAPPY HUNTING

My Kimber .22-250, after hours of meticulous load development, ended up having the scope knocked loose..it shot about 5 feet left and a couple feet low! Not taking the time to re-sight it in, I broke out the trusty 15 year old Savage .223 and proceeded to make hits at almost 300 yards. For me, that's pretty good on prairie dog-sized targets. I'm sure there are many here who can do better, but I am not an accomplished varmint shooter.

He got a young jack rabbit and 4 dogs. He even got a couple of dogs with his .22 handgun! He was so excited with this first trophies! :D :D I was very proud of him, as everyone commented on how safe and responsible he was, as well as being a good companion. It was great to spend that much father-son time with him!

We also saw several antelope, and that was exciting for him, too. He had seen them before, but it was different for him this time, being in the field as a hunter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back