Poisoned Dogs and Gilett's Ridiculous Comments About Wolves

JoseCuervo

From Idaho's version of the Fat Sherriff Mike, comes this piece of wisdom from Gilett.... :rolleyes:

Wolf critic blames feds for dog poisonings

JACKSON, Wyo. — An anti-wolf activist says the federal government is behind some recent dog poisonings in Idaho and Wyoming.

Since February, at least seven dogs have died and another nine have been poisoned after eating or being exposed to frankfurters filled with a highly toxic pesticide known as temik.

Investigators believe the poison was meant for area wolves.

Ron Gillet, chairman of the Idaho Anti-Wolf Coalition, blames the poisonings on the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, saying the pets would not be dying had agents not reintroduced wolves to the Yellowstone area in the mid-1990s.

"It is most unfortunate that these pets were the victims," he said. "However, it would seem obvious that the poison was not put out for pets but for Canadian wolves which are devastating our wildlife and also mutilating our pets."

Gillet also called government officials "criminals," and criticized agents for their investigation of the poisonings.

Federal agent Dominic Domenici said that rhetoric and other evidence suggests the poisonings are more about hating the government than hating wolves.

"This is an anti-government type movement," he said. "I think they've used the wolf as their rallying point."

Wolf supporters, meanwhile, argue the incidents show Wyoming is not ready to manage gray wolves if they are removed from federal protection under the endangered species act.

The animals, they say, remain vulnerable and in need of protection.

Those damn wolves need to stay out of town... Wouldn't you think that it would be better "baiting" farther from town, ya know away from dogs and people? What a bunch of dumb asses. Too bad for the dogs, but thats part of owning a pet, keep them at home and they wouldn't have had that problem!

Buzz- I don't think they should have to stay at home, but maybe a leash law for under certain ages??? ;)

Originally posted by 1_pointer:
Buzz- I don't think they should have to stay at home, but maybe a leash law for under certain ages??? ;)
Then why does my wife use a leash on me? :confused:
fight.gif
:eek:
shhh.gif

Where the poisonings have been taqken place, I would not really consider the dogs running around town. I would not consider a dog runnin up on the Greys River Rd a township. I would not reall y consider Buffalo Valley a city or even a town, nor even a hamlet. I will not take my pup out for a walk in the hills or a run up one of the FS roads because of thes friggin NUT CASE. I hope they catch the MF and send him/her away for the rest of their lives.

Thats only part of the story,
They weren't franks, they were "tofu hot dogs" dipped in poison Iraqi oil. The only witness to the incident was a blind environmentalist, out on a "low impact" camping trip. He was up around midnight, collecting "magic mushrooms", and worshiping the moon goddess when he herd a noise. I saw a black helicopter, he said, and then they just started falling from the sky ! The only markings on aircraft were a picture on a naked journalist on one side, black hood over his head and electrodes hooked to his camera , and Bush/Quayle sticker on the other.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back