Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Pnuma?

Idahoarcheryhunter

Has anybody else looked at this gear yet? They just opened their online store this morning so still early in the game, saw their ad in bugle magazine and figured I'd check it out. Kind of an interesting pattern to say the least, looks like they're trying to mirror what kuiu did by only having a online store to cut the retail mark up out of the equation, well figured I'd throw this up to see if anybody else has taken a look!

I looked at it. Looks nice. I like the pattern too but think the whole marketing strategy is a load.

I believe that one of their tag lines is... "Twice the gear and half the price. No retail mark up." Really?

I looked at their Selkirk All-Wearther Hunting Jacket; $300.00. So are they trying to tell me that this jacket would normally retail at $600.00? Well it might be a little better quality, but I can get comparable gear for the same price or less, so I ask where is the "twice the gear at half the price?

And after all the hunting shows I've watched where a rancher wearing levis, a khaki shirt, and a wide brimmed cowboy hat leads a client wearing a blaze orange vest and a camera crew etc. up to an elk, mule deer, etc. and says "shoot that one when he turns broad side, okay now". I gotta wonder how magical is anybodies camo pattern?

So it looks like decent gear at normal retail prices but without the retailer. I hope they do well.

I Ordered the wool shirt and the tenacity shirt and pants today. Up until now my only hunting clothes were some winter stuff from cabelas. I've hunted about 19 years and very seldom where camo at all but I'm looking forward to having some technical clothing. I Did just get a sitka jacket off camofire also.

I feel like the markup on camo is rediculous and its marked up just because it's camo. It's ironic that Jason Hairston started Sitka and Kuiu after using stuff from REI. You can walk into any outdoor store and find nice technical clothing at half the cost of the camo stuff. My whitetail hunts I was always decked out in real tree AP but since then have lost some weight and now am doing western style hunting. I posted that I'm about to go on my first spot and stalk and so I needed some different clothing. I did buy some KUIU pants as I think hunting pants are designed with that in mind whereas hiking stuff is not. However I will be wearing solid "performance" shirts and a solid army green Columbia jacket I found for 30 bucks at an outlet. I guess what I'm getting at is I'm putting the "you don't need camo or to break the bank to kill stuff" school of thought to the test. We shall see....

The name Pnuma is trademarked by Robinson Outdoors (scentblocker)
Maybe it's good quality, maybe not...but I won't be buying it. They want to claim they are selling without retail markup? At those prices, that's BS. They might be knocking a few percentage points off the final sale price, but they've got to be making higher margins by selling direct rather than through retail. No way they are passing the "savings" on to us. However, one thing that stands out is that they are offering a lifetime warranty...be curious to see how well they stand behind that after a few seasons in the field...

The name Pnuma is trademarked by Robinson Outdoors (scentblocker)
Maybe it's good quality, maybe not...but I won't be buying it. They want to claim they are selling without retail markup? At those prices, that's BS. They might be knocking a few percentage points off the final sale price, but they've got to be making higher margins by selling direct rather than through retail. No way they are passing the "savings" on to us. However, one thing that stands out is that they are offering a lifetime warranty...be curious to see how well they stand behind that after a few seasons in the field...

Whose lifetime, yours or theirs? A lifetime warranty from a company that folds their tent isn't worth much.

These guys might have been on to something if First Lite didn't exist, but there's no way I'm going to pay basically the same amount of money as FL gear for unproven stuff. That and I think FL Fusion is a much more versatile pattern than the Pnuma one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back