Pics From Last Weekend

BCBOY

Went for the weekend hunting bears with a couple of buddies. Weekend was slow. Not a ton of bears out. Saw about 4 or 5 a day. Figure they probably were in the timber hunting fawns as the does are starting to drop now. Did see one really good shooter. Easily a 6'6"+ boar. His belly was almost dragging and he had a pumpkin head. His ears were really low on the sides. He was feeding out on an avalanche chute and the range was over 500 yards. We tried to cut that distance down but the alder was too thick to get a decent shot. He ended up walking into a patch of timber. We went back to the truck and cooked breakfast and another bear came out of the same patch of timber. It was noticably smaller (5'8" or so) and probably was a sow. We tried to put the stalk on her, had to find a safe crossing on a raging creek and tried a push on the timber. I ran into the sow as I was pushing across and it looked like she was rather in love. Actually watched her do the ol' bump and grind on a log. hump Thought I could get her and the boar to push out to my buddies waiting in the avalanche chute but it didn't happen. Oh well, still a great stalk.
One of my buddies put the stalk on a 5'6"er with his bow. Got to with 15 yards but there was too much brush in the way. He tried to find an opening but stepped on a stick and the bear caught his movement and bailed.
IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back