PHX. Suns Owner SUCKS!

cjcj

What an ASS...Cinco de Mayo is fine.:).. But now he crossed the line [ SB 1070]... hope my suns get blown out wed:eek:.... Keep politics out of sports :hump:

Robert Sarver went to work with his basketball team. He put on a Suns' T-shirt and black silk shorts. And as players mingled with the media on the main floor of the Rose Garden, Sarver began sprinting up the steps of the arena, one section at a time.
Some reporters were stunned. Was he that desperate for a workout? Or was he that desperate for attention?

Like it or not, the Suns owner has caused a huge stir this time around. His team will wear orange "Los Suns" jerseys Wednesday night in Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Spurs, a maneuver designed to celebrate the NBA's diversity and illustrate his displeasure with Arizona's new immigration law.

"It's two-fold," Suns General Manager Steve Kerr said. "One, it is Cinco de Mayo.

And, two, it is a political statement. We felt the law, however well intended, was not right."

Sarver is a banker by trade, and his stance is as much about money as it is about civil rights. As a businessman, he does not want to see economic boycotts, cancelled conventions and big events removed from our region. That lowers the tide for everyone in Arizona, at a time when his basketball team is struggling to sell tickets for playoff games

Does not matter to me. I will write a few of their sponsors but the bottom line is the new law needed to be passed to put pressure on the federal government. Just like social security and medicare the politicians just won't touch this unless they are forced to. I wrote Ahnold and told him I just switched all my California suppliers to other states. Maybe $150000 a year total so not much but it is what I can do to push back.

Does not matter to me. I will write a few of their sponsors but the bottom line is the new law needed to be passed to put pressure on the federal government. Just like social security and medicare the politicians just won't touch this unless they are forced to. I wrote Ahnold and told him I just switched all my California suppliers to other states. Maybe $150000 a year total so not much but it is what I can do to push back.

Good for you Ringer...I am doing the same thing... No California this summer... this "Zonie" will spend the cash in AZ:hump:

comments on Sun/Sarvers stance
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Suns-will-wear-Los-Suns-jerseys-for-Game-2-050410

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back