Photobucket changed their t&c's

devon deer

Anyone else had an email overnight from Photobucket?
The t&c's changed on the 28th June.
In one fell swoop ALL my photo's/video's have gone from websites/forums.
So i suspect so have yours.
It is easily rectified, just pay a fee of $400/year!
Its a kind of ransom ware, pity they didn't give us a little more notice.
I won't be doing that, so what is an alternative that can be used that won't cost us anything?
Cheers
Richard

I don't use it for much anymore but it seems to work for me even if the T&C say I can't link to photos:

IMG_2224_zpsfgkrxayo.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I can access my photos but it definitely won't let me post since I have the free account. Maybe check out Flickr

Addition: The clickbait and pop-up ads are absolutely terrible. I'm pulling all my pics this evening.

Last edited:
Could it be just for folks that have a certain level of storage on their site? I only have maybe a couple hundred pics on there, but I checked a couple of my old threads and my pictures are still there. Maybe I'm just skating under the radar for now.

Bait and switch corporate extortion strategy. Don't forget to cancel recurring charges for photobucket plus if you tell em to stick it.

I've been meaning to delete my account from there for a while. Time to go ahead and pull the trigger.

photbucket test pic.
Hmm I don't know why it still works for me. Maybe it's because I've only used 12% of the free 2GB storage space? Maybe they just haven't gotten to me yet.
At any rate it's not something I would pay for.

Last edited:
I won't be doing that, so what is an alternative that can be used that won't cost us anything?
Cheers
Richard

Flickr. Free account gives you 1TB of photo storage and will let you share your photos anywhere.

Google photos - they even have an easy way to sync photos from your phone. If you've got a gmail account, you don't even have to sign up for anything new. Not so sure how sharing to forums works with them, but I imagine it is fine.

My pics still show up, thank God! Would hate to lose my pics from Jolly Old England on my Roe deer hunt thread. I keep getting emails about being "almost full" but delete them without opening anymore. Maybe I should see what they say!

Amazon prime has photo storage as well, but I've not yet found an easy way to share them on forums. Looks like I will be looking at Flickr...

Not sure why you are not affected Rob, but i am not on my own, as an example check out post 9 on this thread
https://onyourownadventures.com/hun...entures-with-Dan-and-CJ&highlight=photobucket
Cheers
Richard
They must be letting the small timers like me slide under the radar. I can't stand photobucket anymore with all the scripts, so no loss to me. Being in the semiconductor business the last 25 years it is funny how we now complain about actually having to pay for Gigs of storage.

Back