Patterned my LH 1187

GilaMonster

First off, let me tell you this proves how bad I suck at shooting a shotgun. It's kind of embarrassing..

Been playing with the same shotgun from the discussion in the other thread.
2_1187T2_1.jpg

Decided to try some different Turkey Loads in it and see what the patterns looked like. It would have been better if I hadn't pulled some of the shots low or to the left, right, etc.. but I got an idea where the gun was shooting and what the gun seemed to like I think.

All were patterns were fired at 40 yards:

1) PMC Turkey Load 3-inch magnum. 2 oz. #6 shot. Pulled shot a little to the left.
2_T40_2.jpg

2) Winchester Supreme XX Turkey 3-inch magnum 2 oz. #6 shot. Pulled this shot way low.
2_T40a_1.jpg

3) Remington Premier Duplex 4X6 shot. 3-inch magnum
2_T40b_1.jpg

4) Winchester Supreme HV Turkey 3-inch magnum 1 3/4 oz. #6 shot. It's a shame I pulled this one off so far.
2_T40c_1.jpg

5) Federal Premium 3-inch magnum 2 oz. #6 copper plated
2_T40d_1.jpg

6) Fiocchi Turkey Thunder 3-inch magnum 1 3/4 oz. #5 nickel plated
2_T40e_1.jpg

7) Federal Strut-Shok 3-inch magnum 1 7/8 oz. #6 lead
2_T40f_1.jpg

It would be interesting to see a pattern using a rhino choke with hevi shot, but some of the patterns looked pretty good.

Gila, I use a 1187 with PURE GOLD 670, at 40 yards , I have been using Federal Strut-Shok 3-inch magnum 1 7/8 oz. #5 lead. I have not pattrened it at 40 but would like to see what it will do.

what is the size of the target?

You are worrying too much with your bad shots. Every bird would be dead with broken vertibrea at a minimum. Go get em, you will have some bird on the table

I have another turkey choke but this one looks to be tighter just from holding both up next to each other. I should get off my butt and go down in my shop and use the calipers and check to make sure. I'm tied up in so many firearm projects all at once right now.. The good thing is that all of them are my firearms.. he he

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back