Yeti GOBOX Collection

Packed out an antelope

Goatshoes

in my Kuiu Ultra 6000 pack. We gutted out my buddies mature doe antelope slipped it into a trash bag liner and slipped that, head and all, into my pack. We humped it out easily on our backs (I have a bad back so we switched off) about a mile to the truck, then off to the processor.

I'm not a Kuiu fan boy but I think some of Kuiu's products are terrific, particularly their packs. Just thought I would mention this as it was a great way to comfortably pack out a field dressed antelope.

Better check your frame, it's probably cracked.
;)

Cracked? The carbon fiber frame? I highly doubt it. Is there a particular reason you say that? Are there reports of those frames cracking? I figure my back would have gone first. :)

The original frame, i.e. 1st generation, had that issue. I had one and cracked it training. The new frame is a whole nother animal.Ive packed out over a dozen animals with it and it's solid.

I've done an antelope whole on a packframe also and it isn't bad to do it that way. Sure beats dragging them. I have a game cart that tops that though. Single wheel with brakes. I've hauled 3 antelope whole on it at one time by myself!

Put up a couple pictures for us.

in my Kuiu Ultra 6000 pack. We gutted out my buddies mature doe antelope slipped it into a trash bag liner and slipped that, head and all, into my pack. We humped it out easily on our backs (I have a bad back so we switched off) about a mile to the truck, then off to the processor.

I'm not a Kuiu fan boy but I think some of Kuiu's products are terrific, particularly their packs. Just thought I would mention this as it was a great way to comfortably pack out a field dressed antelope.

How do you like this pack so far? looking at them hard.

How do you like this pack so far? looking at them hard.

I think its terrific. The most important part for me is the volume that it handles comfortably. The pack is both strong and light-weight and I like how the belt supports my lower back. With the gun sling accessory you can carry the gun either completely out of the way or in a ready to access position. Out of the way is the best unless you are expecting something to be imminent. I also use the smaller bag on the same frame for hiking with weight for the sake of conditioning.

I think its terrific. The most important part for me is the volume that it handles comfortably. The pack is both strong and light-weight and I like how the belt supports my lower back. With the gun sling accessory you can carry the gun either completely out of the way or in a ready to access position. Out of the way is the best unless you are expecting something to be imminent. I also use the smaller bag on the same frame for hiking with weight for the sake of conditioning.

So speaking of back issues, I got them in spades. Matter of fact, the USMC isn't letting me stay around because of it. I used a Mystery Ranch pack to pack out 3 antelope and 1 mule deer so far this year and I have absolutely ZERO regrets. Once I got situated, I never once feared that I'd get stuck in the backcountry due to a back spasm.

Antelope
IMG_3404.jpg

Muley
IMG_3480.jpg

PS, I'm not sure why these turn out upside down...

IMG_3484.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3405.jpg
    IMG_3405.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 396
And I'm not trying to hijack or promote one brand over another, but I've carried my fare share of weight around in the last 10 years. The USMC packs I've used are made by Mystery Ranch...that's saying something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back