Caribou Gear

Outdoor writing opinions needed

nickdooley987

Guys i am starting a side job of freelance outdoor writing for a few local publications i was wondering if you could weigh in on what makes a good article in your favorite magazines what makes you want to keep reading and keep paying the subscription
Thanks in advance.

me personally, I like the mags that don't have all the private land/outfitter crap, I want too see and hear about guys killing animals on public land fair chase, something all the rest of us can do without breaking the bank.....
Matt

It has to be about the entire experience - the planning, the time leading up to the trip, the camp, the fellowship, the world around the hunt/fishing, the harvest and the appreciation for what the trip means to those that experience it (encluding your readers). Every paragraph needs to draw the reader to the next sentence. And like Duck-Slayer sez: stay away from glossy extras and stories of easy, simple, guaranteed hunts. People want to read about the challenge of the experience. Most of all do it your way.

Hi
I agree with Duck Slayer.. Having your own adventures would be more enjoyable to read instead of drooling over huge bucks that paid guides help you get. I would much rather drool over huge bucks that you got on your own! I would love to read your articles!
Good Luck!
~nhaugen~

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back