Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

One lucky shot... wow.

schmalts

So me and the boy were out this afternoon to see if the carp were rolling yet. Not much going on but saw a few gars. In fact saw a few swimming together and took a shot and to my surprise I got a double!! It is hard enough to hit one of these skinny things let alone 2 of them. One was barley hanging on by a little skin so I pulled it close to the boat and had the boy put one if for a back up.:D

Attachments

• gars.jpg
    gars.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 589
Nice. Yes those things are like shooting at broom handles!!!! Sugar Creek here is full of them. . . for sure one of my favorite summer activities.

1pt, you need to make the trip over one Saturday and we can float/wade down the Sugar.

RJ- I'm game. I'm gonna be out of town for the next couple of weekends, but today is the boy's last baseball game, so I'm open most every Saturday after that. I'll drive and bring snacks... :D

RJ- I'm game. I'm gonna be out of town for the next couple of weekends, but today is the boy's last baseball game, so I'm open most every Saturday after that. I'll drive and bring snacks... :D

Well 1pt, its on then. I have State Championship Softball at Ben Davis this Sat, but I'm free most Saturdays after that.

OK more to this story. I have read many times they are great table fare so I figured I would fillet them up and give them a try. Wow.... now I know why no one hardly tries to eat them. I have no clue how they taste because after a few minutes of trying to saw through these thing with an ELECTRIC FILLET KNIFE I tossed them in the garden where they belong. I don't know if a circular saw, band saw, or chain saw was used by those who say they are good eating but good grief I am not ruining a knife on them! Anyone ever try to cut one up? They reminded me of a lobster tail.

OK more to this story. I have read many times they are great table fare so I figured I would fillet them up and give them a try. Wow.... now I know why no one hardly tries to eat them. I have no clue how they taste because after a few minutes of trying to saw through these thing with an ELECTRIC FILLET KNIFE I tossed them in the garden where they belong. I don't know if a circular saw, band saw, or chain saw was used by those who say they are good eating but good grief I am not ruining a knife on them! Anyone ever try to cut one up? They reminded me of a lobster tail.

Too funny Schmalts!! I don't know of anyone who has ever ate one, it could be because of the armor and I'm betting they are full of bones too. We normally let the raccoons have a go at them. I think you made the right call with the garden. :D

Well 1pt, its on then. I have State Championship Softball at Ben Davis this Sat, but I'm free most Saturdays after that.
Though plans are not confirmed, but if you are at Ben Davis for that game you might get to meet me! :D My high school (Gibson Southern) is playing in the boys baseball Semi-State at Plainfield at 1pm and the girls are playing for the softball State Championship at 4:30. We're considering making it a day of being a proud alums and watching some base/soft ball!

Go Titans!

Pruning shears is what I use. Cut right down the back and cut out the "backstraps". I once had a guy from Tennessee tell me I was crazy for eating one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back