Oklahoma Pronghorn

WildWill

I was lucky enough to draw a antelope doe tag this year in Cimarron county Oklahoma I was fortunate enough to harvest a doe on the second morning. I saw a thread earlier this year that had a few other guys who had drawn a Oklahoma Pronghorn tag and was wondering how everyone did.20170912_170120.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! How many antelope would you estimate in that area? I didn't know OK had any antelope!

Nice pronghorn. The pronghorn live mainly in Texas County, I think. There is also some big muleys, and a few scattered elk too.

Thanks guys. There is limited antelope hunting in Oklahoma in the panhandle in Cimarron county and the western half of Texas county. We actually have OTC archery tags but all gun hunts are drawn through Oklahomas controlled hunts there are only 95 tags 70 doe tags and 25 either sex tags. The controlled hunts in Oklahoma use a bonus point system so there is never a guarantee but your chance get better every year took me 7 years but I I finally got the tag. In Cimarron county (the county I drew my tag in) I saw antelope everywhere couldn't give you a exact number but appeared to be plenty for a huntable population you couldn't drive anywhere without seeing small herds all over. The problem is lack of public land in Cimarron county the whole county only has a little over 15,000 acres and not continous broke up in couple hundred acre sections here and there. But I didn't have a problem finding them on public land and was able to harvest mine on public ground although I would hate to try it with a bow very open country. I did also see several mule deer including two dandy bucks didn't see any elk but at the ranch that was the check in station the rancher showed us some sheds and dead heads of several elk his ranch was about 5 miles from Colorado and 3 miles from New Mexico.

I was lucky enough to draw a antelope doe tag this year in Cimarron county Oklahoma I was fortunate enough to harvest a doe on the second morning. I saw a thread earlier this year that had a few other guys who had drawn a Oklahoma Pronghorn tag and was wondering how everyone did.View attachment 74830
I just got drawn for a doe in cimarron country. Can you help out any? I have no idea where to even start man

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back