Caribou Gear Tarp

Of elk, bucks and luck...

Outdooraddict

Well, my season ended up being a little short because my kids were sick. My son has febrile seizures so once his temp hits 103- it's lights out. Went out one weekend before the season ended and decided to shoot a cow. I just can't get it right... I take the camera out (have enough battery for one shot, no extra batteries). I had a lot of opportunities this year for a descent bull, but something always happens: wind changes, move too much, elk doesn't commit, etc.. So my question is- How long does it take to have a perfect (well, as close as you can get) or lucky season?

Now why is this in the deer section? I got a call Sunday morning from a friend of mine saying his son had killed another buck. I asked him how big, and he said, "Bigger than the last one." Which is freaking stupid because the last buck this kid shot was around 209". They saw it crossing the road, they got out of the truck, walked a few yards and shot it. While hunting the first buck, he missed three bucks (shooting around 8 times) and was about to quit when he came out. How is someone so damn lucky?

I'm sitting here sick- holding 6 preference points- knowing that no matter what area I hunt, I will probably never shoot a buck like that.

So, the fist pic is the only one before shooting the cow- then the batt dies. The second pic is Braeden and I cutting up one of the hind quarters. The third is Dakota with his "second" buck. Then Braeden with Kota's buck. And the last show that lucky bastage with two great bucks. They were shot in two different areas, but I was amazed how similar they were... hell, they both had brow tines. You can see them really well on the third pic. The second buck had 2 in+ tines and the first buck's were a little smaller.

Attachments

• DSC04283.JPG
    DSC04283.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC04286.JPG
    DSC04286.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC04303.JPG
    DSC04303.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC04317.JPG
    DSC04317.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC04296.JPG
    DSC04296.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 199
Thats a helluva buck. Congrats to you on the cow meat in the freezer.

Back