O Canada! (pic heavy)

Summitthunting

My dad took me on a trip to Reindeer Lake in Saskatchewan and we had an incredible time. This trip was my first try for pike and walleye with a fly rod, and I am hooked. I was using a 8wt for pike and a 5wt for walleye. My favorite part of any Canadian fishing trip is shore lunch and it didn't disappoint. Walleye on a fly rod are a blast, largest was around 5lbs. I caught eleven pike over 40", the largest being 47" with a calculated weight of 28lbs. I tied all the flies that I used, they work Sytes! Here are some pics, hope you enjoy.

canada 1.JPG

canada2.JPG

canada3.JPG

canada4.JPG

canada5.JPG

canada6.JPG

canada7.JPG

canada8.JPG

canada9.JPG

canada10.JPG

canada11.JPG

canada14.JPG

canada15.JPG

canada16.JPG

Last edited:
Great place to spend some time with your father. I bet you'd go back next week if you could.

Looks like a great trip. That last pike is HUGE.Thanks for sharing.

Very nice! I'm thinking a pike/walleye trip will have to be a 1_pointer family vacation in a few years!

Great looking trip, pike and walleye on a fly sounds so darn fun. Did you go with an outfitter?

We went with Lawrence Bay Lodge, they run an excellent outfit. I threw clousers minnows and a larger perch pattern of my own creation for walleye. The pike were caught on large bunny leaches and baitfish imitations. The ice had been off for two weeks but the weather had been rather cool up until our arrival. I'm already planning on going back, hopefully in 2017. I might try a fall trip for lake trout on the fly.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back