Northwest mt

I've hunted deer and elk there a lot but have never drawn a moose tag. i think I'm 20-0 in that department. I've some friends who have taken Unit 105 moose there over the years. Moose are there, but scattered. Maybe this is the year! Did you put in there? Where are you from?

I'm from billings area, I have friends in the yaak and I've heard the wolves are pretty bad. I usually put in for moose around here but I thought I'd try something different, the odds don't seem as bad. :) I'm not sure what I would do if I did draw! I would put my other hunts on hold for sure. Every year it's moose, sheep, and goat bonus pts. My worst fear is that I'd draw them all in the same year!

Well, you'll drive past a lot of moose country between Billings and the Yaak! But if that's where your friends are, it's nice country. NW MT is very thickly forested and you never see as much game as when hunting east of the mountains. Too many trees in the way. So you kind of have to calibrate your brain to that. Last year I gave a bunch of advice, shared my maps, with a fellow who drove out from Wisconsin to bowhunt elk. He spent two weeks hunting and never saw an elk ... but heard them, smelled them. That's NW MT!
I've worried about drawing all three tags, or even two of them, in one year, but that is one problem I have never faced. Maybe this is the year!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back