IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks like a great trip wally dog! It looks like you guys found some good flights of immature snows, which helps out tremendously when decoying those buggers.

How was the diver hunting? I always wanted to try it on the big lake over there but never got a chance. I've since done it several times here in MT and it's something I'd like to do more of.

Did you DIY or hunt with Blanchfields operation? He runs a pretty top notch service and is a stand up guy to boot. I wouldn't mind having one of those Polaris on tracks for ice fishing, that'd get you anywhere you wanted to go!

Smalls,
We stayed at Woodland and hunted geese with Mike for 2 mornings. I now have a new appreciation for the chirp about the importance of the juvies. We hunted the big water for divers on our own. My brother has been hunting out there for years. I hadn't hunted NoDak since I lived in Bottineau in the late70's. It really was an epic trip and the weather cooperated perfectly. We took turns shooting on the bills and could have easily shot many, many more. We were contantly on guard for the bonus birds that could fill out limits.
The track rig and trailer are the bomb for muddy conditions.
WD

Congrats on all those birds!!

How do you like the tracks on your rig? What brand/model are they? Have you had them in both snow and mud? How do they perform in each? Pros and cons of tracks?

Wow,thats a good goose shoot for a fall hunt.Hope you left a few for this spring?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back