Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NM meat processor in the Quemado

Danny1788

Looking for a meat processor or butcher in the Quemado area or anywhere close to unit 15 elk. Any help with personal experience would be great?

Not looking for someone who makes suasage or anything just a meat locker to hang and cut up three bulls. With myself and my father and brother 5 days for 3 elk is a pretty steep order. Having some where to take the elk and get back to hunting would be the best plan i think.

The following information is 5 years old, but at that time there was a guy located just south of Datil. I can't find his card but I think the name of his operation was Pinon Pines. I just did a quick Google search and came up with this:

Pinon Pines Recreational Cabins
(575) 772-5214

Sounds about right -- I'd trying calling the number to find out. In any case, he was great. He had a walk-in cooler and also a meat processing room. I asked him if I could simply hang an antelope for a day to cool it down before I headed for home, and he fired up his cooler (this was the first animal of the year to come in) and we hung it for a night.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back