NFL players not standing for national anthem

The NFL owns the stage not the voice. They undoubtedly have the power to remove the stage. The highest form of government pressuring the stage be removed is a free speech issue.

Correct. If the NFL collectively decides they support the players' on this, DJT is stepping on thin ice.

Again, how refreshing it would be to see the POTUS use his voice to unify rather than divide. He won't ask the question of "how do we solve the issue", rather he incites furor within middle class America. And, it works. He is a masterful marketer and a joke of a leader.

Correct. If the NFL collectively decides they support the players' on this, DJT is stepping on thin ice.

Again, how refreshing it would be to see the POTUS use his voice to unify rather than divide. He won't ask the question of "how do we solve the issue", rather he incites furor within middle class America. And, it works. He is a masterful marketer and a joke of a leader.

He learned from the best, his predecessor. Nobody could incite like that fella. Probably learned it during his years "organizing" the community, I suppose.

He learned from the best, his predecessor. Nobody could incite like that fella. Probably learned it during his years "organizing" the community, I suppose.

I don't give a shit where he learned it from. He incites rancor and division over social issues because he has no clue how to solve them. That's on him, not Obama.

If this is truly part of his vision of Making America Great Again, God help us.

the commissioner, owners and the players Don't seem to get it, people watch football to see a game played, NOT to see there political opinion. they have every right to express there opinion, But Not on the football field where people are paying to watch a game played. there for, we the people will Not buy tickets to watch the games or watch it on TV, and we will see how long the NFL last without our money.
and when the Advertisers see the empty stands and TV ratings drop, they will dump the NFL and any other league that thinks that they can protest on a field to where they are paid to play a game.

This thread show that teaching civics in American Schools is failing dramatically.

Players have a right to freely speak or show their beliefs. They have a right to not have the Federal Government demand they stop speaking or showing their beliefs. What they don't have is a freedom from consequences. They may find out that their bosses don't like, their fans don't like and the TV revenues that pay so much of their salary begin to dry up some. In the big scheme of things who give two shits what any NFL player thinks about anything. I know I don't.

Imagine if everyone with an opinion one way or another simply learned that they have an off/on switch on their TVs. Then they just flipped to switch to off and went outside for the length of time that it takes for an NFL game to be played.

Nemont

Last edited:
This thread show that teaching civics in American Schools is failing dramatically.

Players have a right to freely speak or show their beliefs. They have are right to not have the Federal Government demand they stop speaking or showing their beliefs. What they don't have is a freedom from consequences. They may find out that their bosses don't like, their fans don't like and the TV revenues that pay so much of their salary begin to dry up some. In the big scheme of things who give two shits what any NFL player thinks about anything. I know I don't.

Imagine if everyone with an opinion one way or another simply learned that they have an off/on switch on their TVs. Then the just flipped to switch to off and sent outside for the length of time that it takes for an NFL game to be played.

Nemont

...fresh air. Thanks Nemont.

The whole standing or not isn't even the real problem to me. It's the reason behind it. Racial injustice that the media is feeding into the minds of everyone. In fact 466 whites were killed by police in 2016 and 233 blacks were killed by police. In my OPINION it's more misinformed people being swayed to think one way. The media was always on top of the white cop killing a black but we never heard about the black cop killing the deaf white person. You can call me racist or whatever but I can watch all kinds of stuff on YouTube where people post exactly what is going on. I see black people looting after the hurricanes, rioting after police shootings, white kids rioting after the election. In my eyes if you want to be looked at in a different way then stop doing stupid stuff. People have forgotten what respect is. As for the president he is making America look like a laughing stock of the world. I would expect him to act like a grown up instead of flying off at the mouth thinking he can tell everyone what to do. I thought we had moved past racism a long time ago but it looks like we are going backwards now. The media is dividing America.

Players have a right to freely speak or show their beliefs. They have a right to not have the Federal Government demand they stop speaking or showing their beliefs. What they don't have is a freedom from consequences. They may find out that their bosses don't like, their fans don't like and the TV revenues that pay so much of their salary begin to dry up some. In the big scheme of things who give two shits what any NFL player thinks about anything. I know I don't.

Imagine if everyone with an opinion one way or another simply learned that they have an off/on switch on their TVs. Then they just flipped to switch to off and went outside for the length of time that it takes for an NFL game to be played.

Nemont
Would you give 2 shits what he thought if the NFL player was an outspoken anti public land proponent? Or perhaps if he was an avid public land advocate/hunter and lifetime member of BHA?

the commissioner, owners and the players Don't seem to get it, people watch football to see a game played, NOT to see there political opinion. they have every right to express there opinion, But Not on the football field where people are paying to watch a game played. there for, we the people will Not buy tickets to watch the games or watch it on TV, and we will see how long the NFL last without our money.
and when the Advertisers see the empty stands and TV ratings drop, they will dump the NFL and any other league that thinks that they can protest on a field to where they are paid to play a game.

This is the point. Actions have consequences. You are free to speak your mind so long as you are not harming another or inciting a riot. What you are not free to do is be freed from the after effects of what you say. The fans, the advertisers, and most people in general do not appreciate being lectured over an issue that they do not see as appropriate at a sporting event.

The issue at hand shouldn't even be part of this debate. The forum in which it is taking place should be.

Would you give 2 shits what he thought if the NFL player was an outspoken anti public land proponent? Or perhaps if he was an avid public land advocate/hunter and lifetime member of BHA?
An asteroidal analogy, bereft of earthly logic.

Umm..kind of an apples to Tuesday comparison but do tell me how the players could portray either stance on a Sunday via standing, kneeling or fist raised.

So directly to your question, no I wouldn't give two shuts about that either. They have opinions, BFD, so do I, doesn't mean a thing.

Nemont

Umm..kind of an apples to Tuesday comparison but do tell me how the players could portray either stance on a Sunday via standing, kneeling or fist raised.

So directly to your question, no I wouldn't give two shuts about that either. They have opinions, BFD, so do I, doesn't mean a thing.

Nemont

Good thing is the Flag, Anthem and the NFL will all survive.

I'd love to see a questionnaire completed by the players as to what they are protesting and what their source reference is. Of course the NFLPA would never allow that to be published.

Nemont, well articulated thoughts. Thank you!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back