New Mexico hunter harassment

njtauto

Just came back from New Mexico, and for the first time in my life we experienced hunter harassment in the Gila in New Mexico. It came in the form of a helicopter at tree level blowing off our elk on the burn we were hunting. We learned from a local rancher this was common. This was environmentalist / PETA keeping elk away from hunters. It didn't work very well because I did kill the biggest elk of my life, a 357.5 in 7 by 7, one great bull. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I have experienced this from a large landowner who didn't want the elk to leave his property. Congrats on your bull! Any pics?

NJ, I hope you got some tail numbers and report it to F&G. Regardless, you should still report this as you are likely not alone and F&G would love to put an end to this kind of behavior. Congrats on the bull, post up some pics!
-Cody

A couple of weeks ago while in AZ my brother and I were stopped along side the hiway in the dark
listening for any bugles we might use to locate bulls for the next morning.
A car drives past us and stops about 100 yards away, sits there for about 5 minutes them turns around
honking the horn and yelling out the windows. They drove out of sight then turned around and did the
same thing as they drove past us again.

I related some serious stuff about some landowner activities a while back in a thread (not gonna stir that can of worms again :) ). But I will say that I find that more offensive than the tree huggers. At least the huggers THINK they are doing something right and it isn't just a matter of greed :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooterwallace78
Back