Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New from Kentucky

Jimicrab

New to the site. I live in Kentucky, the western part of the state. Hunted a lot of public land over the years, deer, turkey, and waterfowl. I was drawn for a bull elk last year in Kentucky but did not have any luck on my hunt. Now I am looking to go out west next year in pursuit of elk. Hoping to get any info and advice I can before my trip.

To bad on that KY tag. That is a awesome tag to draw. Most of us will put in for a lifetime and never come close to drawing.

To bad on that KY tag. That is a awesome tag to draw. Most of us will put in for a lifetime and never come close to drawing.
It was my first time applying for it, never seemed to have the time before. I enjoyed every minute of it but the weather didn't cooperate. It was hot, upper 80's most every day. Buddy of mine was archery hunting the week before my hunt and saw many Bulls. I only saw 2 and didn't have a shot on either one. They would disappear into the autumn olives, never to be seen again.

Welcome from LBL south!
Where at in LBL south? Paris area? I have done a lot of hunting in LBL when I was a kid. Still camp at Hillmans Ferry every year. I absolutely love that area of the state.

It's a great piece of public land. Most folks from KY or TN who hunt or fish have a LBL story or two. I'm from the Dover area, spent Saturday brushing a duck blind on the edge of LBL.

Welcome! I spent a few years in the Bluegrass State. You found the right place for a ton of information, good luck!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back