Caribou Gear

New Backpacking Stove - Camp Chef Stryker

Green Hunter

We had been wanting to get into backpacking and needed a more compact stove. After much consideration and review I settled on the Camp Chef Stryker 200. I liked that it was able to use the isobutane canisters as well as propane, it included an adapter for the propane tank. During my elk hunt this year I was very happy with it's performance. It boils water FAST and also able to lower the flame to a simmer. I was able to heat up water for freeze dried meals and also use it for those Pasta Sides as an alternative to freeze dried.

The biggest thing I have to figure out now is how to keep my supper from impacting the flavor of my coffee the following morning.

71pEHg8nfcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We had been wanting to get into backpacking and needed a more compact stove. After much consideration and review I settled on the Camp Chef Stryker 200. I liked that it was able to use the isobutane canisters as well as propane, it included an adapter for the propane tank. During my elk hunt this year I was very happy with it's performance. It boils water FAST and also able to lower the flame to a simmer. I was able to heat up water for freeze dried meals and also use it for those Pasta Sides as an alternative to freeze dried.

The biggest thing I have to figure out now is how to keep my supper from impacting the flavor of my coffee the following morning.

71pEHg8nfcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
We have 6 of these and we love them. I picked them up for 15 dollars each at Camp Chefs annual friends and family sell. I used it several times a day this fall on our elk hunts.

As far as making your coffee not taste like food, I don't cook food in mine, I boil water and just dump the water into whatever I'm cooking, usually reconstituting a freeze dried meal, or a dehydrated meal that we make.

Back