Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Need pack ideas

Aussie_hunter_JD

Gday All,

I'm sure this topic has been done to death but looking for suggestions on some multi day packs at a reasonable price. I guess value for money is the term people throw around. Bear in mind you can generally add 50-100% markup on what you pay in the states here in Australia.

I have a truck load of packs that meet your criteria. Then I found the EXO K3500. Wish I’d found it first. Buy once, cry once.

I bought a Kifaru pack well over a decade ago and have used nothing else since. Lots of innovations since then, but nothing really groudbreaking enough for me to pony up the money. IMO buy once, cry once is very applicable to packs.

I wouldn't feel as though you need to go into the really high end packs right away. I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to find regular backpacking packs in Australia that would work just fine. My personal favorite is my Kelty Red Cloud 110. It's only around $250 on Amazon, so I would think that you'd be able to find something similar in-store over there. Otherwise Gregory, Osprey, Deuter, REI, and probably a few others make some great packs for your money. It'll just be tougher to find one that you like that isn't a neon hipster color.

I do realize that the other packs mentioned might be a bit better and have more bells and whistles for hunting/meat hauling, but you'd do just fine with a regular pack and wouldn't have to pay the niche price of a hunting pack. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

I'm not new to backpack hunting, I currently run a black wolf, I just don't find it overly comfortable and now the foam/support inside one of the shoulder straps has twisted so it just cuts into my shoulder something fierce.

I'll look into all these brands but we're definitely limited in what we can get here to australia.

Back