need OK hunting partner

Try some of the land surrounding the area lakes. Much of the corps of engineers land can be hunted. Lake Copan has some good spots. Also look at the land around the navigation channel, I've seen guys hunt those areas out by Catoosa. Another spot that does not get much pressure is Spavinaw WMA. It's about 15k acres and has quite a few elk as well.

Get a public land atlas and you will be amazed at all the spots available to hunt.

When I read the title of this post, I was thinking you needed and "OK" hunting partner...meaning a mediocre or average hunting partner. I am very mediocre, but not from Oklahoma! Welcome to the site, hope you find what you are looking for.

Try some of the land surrounding the area lakes. Much of the corps of engineers land can be hunted. Lake Copan has some good spots. Also look at the land around the navigation channel, I've seen guys hunt those areas out by Catoosa. Another spot that does not get much pressure is Spavinaw WMA. It's about 15k acres and has quite a few elk as well.

Get a public land atlas and you will be amazed at all the spots available to hunt.

That reminds me. Here is another resource I have found helpful. Maps of a lot of the Corps land that isn't in the WMA atlas or on the wildlife department website.

http://davidproberts.com/hunting/hunting-maps-public-land/

Back