Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Nebraska

firek920

So I have to opportunity to visit Nebraska while the wife is there for school. Thanks to you wonderful people on hunt talk and especially to you Mr. Randy Newberg. Last year I finally at the age of 30 broke out of my comfort zone and left the state of MI to hunt. I had no clue what I was doing but thanks to a lot of advice I traveled to WY. Geared with only a bow and arrow I was able to harvest a doe and had many of chances to take a buck. Unfortunately but fortunately the does was the only animal harmed in the trip ha ha. So on to my question I am a little lost on places to look at in Nebraska. I will be in west central and am planning on a late September hunt with bow and arrow again. I am open to either a mule deer or antelope I am not partial to either one. It appears from the little research I have done there is more wooded and larger hill/mountain? I am still trying to learn to read maps. Now with what understanding I have is that the open terrain is home to more antelope and valleys with cover is the deer country..... So should I be looking more into deer? Heck should I just travel a little farther to WY agin??? As you can tell with my rambling and lack of western hunting common sense I need some guidance. Thank you all again for making 2014 the most exciting hunting year of my life and the future help for 2015

are you a ne resident now?non res can only hunt ne with a bow so you are in luck there. i have only seen pronghorn in far nw ne. i am not an expert on ne pronghorn,i would call ne wildlife asap and get 2015 ne regs asap and talk to someone there asap.ne a good place to go for deer.good luck

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back