Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

National Pheasant Fest 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

Any HTers going to the national pheasant fest in Minneapolis? I plan on going to hear Randy speak! I want to see Ron Boehme too, he cracks me up.

Yes, I will be there all day Saturday and will hear Randy tout his wisdom to the masses! If he runs long and gets boring, I am going to start waving a DQ Gift Card around! That should cut him off in mid-sentence! I am bringing my 11 year old son as well.

I'm looking forward to the cooking seminars too!

I'll be the dude walking around that looks like Frankenstein's monster! My Dad and I will be there tomorrow morning too!

Randy had a powerful message on Saturday night that would be good to share here. I am going off memory here (I wish I had a recording of it), but some of the main points:

*He is optimistic about the future of hunting and public lands because of volunteers and organizations like PF
*Organizations and volunteers have done incredible things for hunters and the public in general
*The country we live in is the greatest of all time and we are living in the best of times.
*The experiment that is the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation is the best model out there and it is working!
*Fate is luck, but destiny is what YOU make of it. What is the destiny of public lands and hunting going to be? The people in this room will shape it.
*Any mention of Dairy Queen was strangely absent from his speech?!? But when talking to him later I did notice some ice cream on his upper lip.
*He gave two great examples (Jim Posewitz - saving the Yellowstone River and Bob Lessard's MN conservation contributions from a legislator) of conservation leadership.

If anybody came out of there not being charged up for the future and ready to put their shoulder to the wheel, they were likely in the bathroom during the speech.

Wasn't able to stay for the dinner, but my son and I did stumble across Randy on the show floor earlier in the day. Was fun to finally shake his hand and thank him for his efforts. This interaction confirmed my view of Randy as one of the humblest guys you will ever meet. What a great example of commitment, grace and good humor for my son to see.

I just saw that a video of the speech is on Randy's Facebook page. It really is worth watching.

You just have to ignore the DQ ice cream around his mouth and the ice cream drips on his shirt and sport coat....!:oops:;)

50 gallon water heater decided I wasn't going! I hope it was good. My Tri County PF Banquet is March 21st and I can't wait!

I made it on Saturday. It was super crowded! Which is cool to see all the interest but man, tough moving around at times. I can deal with crowds okay but the frustration they give my GF becomes palpable so we didn’t stay real long. Glad I went tho. Didn’t get to try to wrassle Ron Boehme cause he wasn’t at his booth when I walked by, but I did chirp on him Instagram about jiu-jitsu.

family and I went around late morning to noon; it was a great event, kiddos enjoyed the youth area. We met some other friends there with their kids, next time I think we will keep it to ourselves, too hard to see seminars and such with a group especially with little ones. It was a fun event

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdK
Back