Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Mystery ranch cabinet vs. kuiu icon pro 1850

GearJunky

On the search for the ultimate day pack that can also carry elk quarters. I currently own a icon pro. A friend is wanting to buy it after he heard me considering a new mystery ranch pack. I have no experience with MR other than I always see rave reviews. Can anyone comment if this is a worthwhile upgrade.

My summary boils down to this:
Kuiu wins the light weight and simple category
MR has more space and more compartments (better to organize)
My kuiu is comfortable, however people rave about MR fitment and comfort..

So for me it comes down to is the MR really that much more comfortable. Any other things I am missing?

How well does a cabinet or crew cab carry a bow? I assume you sandwich your bow as opposed to strapping it outside like kuiu.

Advice is much appreciated. My hunting style is pretty basic supply's for a day trip and lots of miles walking in the breaks of Montana or the foothills of the mountains in western Montana.

the cabinet should be great for packing out an elk, but isn't going to be the best for a day pack, IMO. take a look at the pintler (used to be the longbow). works great as a day pack and you can get 2 boned out quarters or all of a boned out deer in between the pack and the frame. if you want something as big as the pintler, i would look to the metcalf.

the cabinet should be great for packing out an elk, but isn't going to be the best for a day pack, IMO. take a look at the pintler (used to be the longbow). works great as a day pack and you can get 2 boned out quarters or all of a boned out deer in between the pack and the frame. if you want something as big as the pintler, i would look to the metcalf.

+1

I have both and the Metcalf. The longbow will save you a bit of weight, and has easy access to the bag.

Thanks for the input... some of the other discussions going on today have confirmed my thoughts... There is no reason to change out the Kuiu. I might get a small bit of creature comfort out of the Mystery Ranch, however the added weight is just as big of a fall back for me.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back