Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

My Son's Hog

jabber

My son, Jake, and I decided to try and dodge some of the rain last week and go out and see if we could run across some hogs. After we got to the ranch, the first place we headed to was a sendero with a feeder down about 150 yards. I told Jake we would just ease by and if there were any hogs there we would stop out of sight and put a stalk on them.

As we drove by we saw one pretty good sized black hog there. I went on about another 30 yards, stopped the truck, we got our guns out and started sneaking through the woods. When we got about 50 yards from the hog, I eased out to make sure it was still there and then motioned to Jake to move up to a small tree and use it to get a good shot.

Well the tree just did not match him too well, and I almost busted out laughing watching him try to find a good rest, first he just tried standing up, then he bent over and it still didn't fit him, then he got on his knees and due to the tall grass he couldn't get a shot that way, so finally he stood on his tippy-toes and was able to bend a branch over enough that he could get lined up on it. After getting a steady aim, he pulled the trigger and I heard that great sound of the bullet hitting the animal and knew that he had made a good shot. I saw the direction the hog ran, and after about 30 seconds we heard him kicking and grunting. Jake made a perfect behind the shoulder shot, which resulted in the hog running about 30 yards before expiring. Here are a couple of pics.

P7010197.jpg

P7010199.jpg

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back