My hobby in the off season, what do you think?

blue devil,

Those look great. My lack of artistic ability makes me appreciate things like this even more. Well done!

That Duck looks just like some old Cork decoys an old man loaned me one year to hunt with. We put them out on the Red River and as it heated up the Backs of some of them seemed to be moving. They had Carpender Ants in them! You have a real talent, I draw flies....................... John

they start out as a block of basswood and about 12 hours later they turn into that. I love to do it, I just don't have as much time to carve them as I would like.

Very cool, wish I had even one ounce of artistic ability.

My brother got 2 ducks from our Grandpa that a friend of his curved out back in the 30's. I wish I had the talent to do that, but oh well. Yours looks awesome!!!

tarheel, maybe sometime I will. sounds like a good time. I'll post more photos next week. I donate quite a few of them to the local DU for their banquets. If anyone is a member of DU and would like to auction off one, I need to get the name out there.

I carved a small scale mallard years ago, but never did get around to painting it. May have to give that a try this winter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back