september 28th

515-1.jpg

october 10th

015-1-1.jpg

november 1st

045-1.jpg

december 12th

091-1.jpg

all came from 3 properties in southern maryland that i received permission to hunt on. its been a productive year so far. i took these deer and let countless go. they are real skittish now since gun season passed, but i'll still be at it untill season closes january 31st.

Wow, looks like you have a freezer that is pretty well stocked. Congrats on a good season.

There are a couple of fat does and a nice buck. You had a great year! Congratulations!

What is the limits now in Maryland? We (North Carolina) have a very liberal limits now with, where I live, 2 bucks per year and 2 does a day all year. On the does you have to buy extra tags after your original tags run out but you can really stack them up. Looks like Maryland is leaning toward the same.

Nice deer there Vinny! Congratulations on such a full freezer.

I am almost embarrassed to answer the previous question but in Maryland we are allowed a total of 36 whitetails annually. It breaks down to 12 with a bow, 12 black powder, and 12 with a rifle. No more than 2 in each weapon season can be bucks.

36! Dam! In Montana you can approach that I think, but you'd have to drive 3500 miles around the state to get it done! :0)

Nice job, that is a good looking buck!

Excellent season Vinnie, and to think you've got another month to go. Nice. I drove down to NE Maryland, last year to hunt for a week and we hardly saw a deer. Apparently the deer heard suffered through a bout of the Blue Tongue disease in '07 and between that and the hunting pressure, the herd numbers are way down in that area. Know any thing about that Vinnie, or anyone else?

Wow that's an awesome season! That's one thing you eastern guys have on us...TONS of tags!!

Wow that's an awesome season! That's one thing you eastern guys have on us...TONS of tags!!

Yeah, this was the case in Wisconsin for the past several years... now 2009's harvest is half of what it once was.... and I'm not alone when I say the hunting is now horrible - luckily, I can save a few on my private Honey Hole so they all don't get mowed off....

Nice pile of deer you got! good work, but don't over harvest just because the DOW say you should, be a little wary of what they are doing in WI like the other guy said. They are more worried about car insurance companies than hunters is my guess. Take management as you like if there is a ton of does but dont fall for the WI trap like so many here do.

Nice pile of deer you got! good work, but don't over harvest just because the DOW say you should, be a little wary of what they are doing in WI like the other guy said. They are more worried about car insurance companies than hunters is my guess. Take management as you like if there is a ton of does but dont fall for the WI trap like so many here do.

True, so true. And very well spoken.

Our Wis. DNR has been handing out tags like candy for the past 5 years, maybe longer.

I have a small 80 acres here with plenty of deer that use it, but we haven't taken any does for 4 years now. Like few others, we saw this coming years ago.

There is several hundred acres east of me that is owned by a lumber company that can be hunted by Joe public. It was/is hunted pretty hard all those years they had the extra tags and doe slaughtering seasons. It used to sound like WW2 on opening day of rifle season and there dumb Azz Herd control seasons. This year, you could count the shots on one hand, the worst I've ever experienced in 28 years of hunting.

Throw a few wolf packs in the pot (that they deny exsist) and we have exactly what I keep reading about with Southwest Montana's elk herd.

Not to mention what all those tags do to the new buck generation... lot of sour taste around these parts this year, and I'm betting more of the same next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back