Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mule Deer

Hoyt-Hunter

Looking for the best public area to hunt Muleys, willing to trade information on walleye fishing or even guide in the springtime. The Detroit River is one the best in the nation; late March through April. I have fished this river more that 25 years. I have a spring tournament for family and friends (about 15 two man teams). Every year we catch 150 to 200 walleyes in two mornings.

You need to narrow things down a bit before anyone can give you information.

What is "best"? Are you talking trophy quality? Public land? The "best" unit is different for everyone, it all depends on what you are looking for.

Good point, i am looking for good quality animals (Rack size), never hunted muleys before. I really would like to bow hunt, this would be a OYO hunt and would like to camp. As mentioned before willing to guide a walleye trip to access property.

Ok, then what is a quality animal? If you've never done it before, I'd say set your sights on a 150" buck for the first time. The good news is, there are 150" deer living in nearly every mule deer unit in the West. Serious mule deer hunters don't call 150" deer big, but you'll be hard pressed to kill a 180" buck if you've never hunted them before.

Muleys

I would be happy with that, if I could get some information which state would give me the best opportuinties to get tags and camp that would be great. I am not worried about the terrain. Thanks for the comments.

You could pick almost any state from MT, WYO, COLO, to NV.

They all have archery hunts for bucks and have public land.

The next thing to think about is how you will kill him. In some places, bowhunters like to sit in blinds over water. In others, they spot and stalk.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back