Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

MT Pheasant Opener

Nemont

Headed out early to get in the field by shooting light. We had to just about honk the horn to get the pheasants off the road so that we could park. We were done with our 6 birds fairly soon after the season opened.

Here are a few pics.

I am glad I don't have to ride one of these around in a circle
PA101763.jpg

The birds.
PA101765.jpg

My dog, the birds and an old green machine

PA101758.jpg

This guy is a great hunting partner but cannot pick a decent hat to wear.
PA101761.jpg

Unfortunately I was the one that pounded the immature rooster in the middle. I still am catching flack over that one.

Had plans of hitting it again Sunday but it started snowing Saturday night and would not quit. We had 13 inches of the stuff.

Here is what my yard looked like at lunch. So no hunting on Sunday.

PA121767.jpg

PA121768.jpg

Nemont

Way to go Nemont. Looks like a fun hunt.

Instead of the snow we got rain here which the way it was pouring was enough to keep me home in bed on Sunday. Saturday was a great hunt with old friends. Man, I do love pheasant hunting!

That green machine is state of the art over in your part of the world!

Great job on the roosters Nemo. Did the snow bring any ducks or other fowl with it?

That green machine is state of the art over in your part of the world!

You know far behind the times we are out here in "west Dakota"

Great job on the roosters Nemo. Did the snow bring any ducks or other fowl with it?

It doesn't seem to be moving much in the way of fowl down this way. Instead of waiting birds here I am heading up to where the birds are now. I am going on Sunday and will have a report back to you by Thursday of next week.

Nemont

Really looking forward to hearing about your Canada trip. I will have to slum it in MT, so push a couple down this way.:D

It doesn't seem to be moving much in the way of fowl down this way. Instead of waiting birds here I am heading up to where the birds are now. I am going on Sunday and will have a report back to you by Thursday of next week.

Nemont

I keep saying every year that "next year" will be the year that I go to Canada, but it never happens. My bro-in-law just came back and had the best trip they've ever had up there (this is their 8th or 9th trip).

Will you be targeting anything specific?

Will you be targeting anything specific?

Not any specific species. Talking with the Outfitter it sounds like alot of snows, specks and ducks. I am wanting to get a good day of snow goose hunting in. Other then that I just am spending time with some good guys and for the first time doing the outfitter thing.

Should be a good time.

Nemont

Great job on the pheasants. Glad to hear they did alright this year.

You aren't taking that Harlin guy to Canada, are you?

Good luck!

Nice stringer of roosters. Don't feel too bad about killing that young one, there is a chance the snow and cold weather would have anyways.

Nope he is taking me. I blame him for getting me into this bird hunting thing.

Nemont

Better watch that guy. He has gotten more people buried in this quagmire of bird hunting than any person I know.

You guys will have a blast, but please leave a few for the migration.:D

Waiting for pictures.

Better watch that guy. He has gotten more people buried in this quagmire of bird hunting than any person I know.

You guys will have a blast, but please leave a few for the migration.:D

Waiting for pictures.

I will take lots of pics. It is a good thing Eiden is coming along to keep Harlin in line.

Nemont

Nice photos, Nemont. Lots of snow...I'll bet folks wish the rifle season was open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back