MT Mulies

What are you guys shooting there, your rifles, caliber, scope, etc? I am always curious as to what folks are packing around.

Mine is a .280 Ackley Improved, built from a Rem. 700 action.
Borden stock
Shilen Trigger
Kreiger #4 barrel
Leupold 4.5x14x50, 30mm scope, with M1 turret

My dad's is the same caliber with a few different components..stock, etc.
He has a Huskemaw scope on his.

Awesome job drake! Looks fun, like the rifle too! How far did you end up shooting your deer from?

I'm in the process of building a new rifle right now and the only thing i haven't fully decided on is the stock. how do you like that Borden stock?, one of the few i'm not too familiar with.

Lets see....shot my buck at the whopping distance of about....40 yards. Doe was 335 yards.

I really like the Borden stock. The fit and feel is great. My only complaint is I wish the edges around the barrel were slightly more rounded..but that doesn't effect anything, feel wise.

If I were to do it again I would take a hard look at John Burn's new Greybull Precision stock. I really like the look of that one, and it has more of a vertical grip, while still having the look of a hunting stock rather than a tactical.

Good luck with your build. I hope you are more decisive than Rich on his 2-1/2 year canon project. If you ever want to take a look at mine let me know.

Thats whats going to happen to me too. GOing to have this fancy long range rifle and then shoot everything inside 100 yards:)

Far more decisive than Rich on the gun thing:) LOL I have the barrel done, the action here, the bolt is being fabricated right now.............had a stock picked out but after actually using one similiar of a buddies, definately not going that route.

Thats whats going to happen to me too. GOing to have this fancy long range rifle and then shoot everything inside 100 yards:)

This is my 3rd season with my rifle. I've shot 4 elk with it...3 under 50 yards, and 1 with my bow. Money well spent!

I have shot some lopes at longer ranges.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back