MT elk

bambam26

Ok just asking for any ideas on finding a cow elk in MT. We didn't get one during our archery trip and figured we would drive back for a 4 day hunt in November. We live in Seattle area and typically hunt in 315 but are looking to keep the drive a few miles and hours less then that unit takes. Any idea's not honey holes just ideas for an opportunity at a cow and a wolf since I am going to have a rifle in my hands I will be buying a wolf tag! Thanks in advance...Bambam

Ok just asking for any ideas on finding a cow elk in MT. We didn't get one during our archery trip and figured we would drive back for a 4 day hunt in November. We live in Seattle area and typically hunt in 315 but are looking to keep the drive a few miles and hours less then that unit takes. Any idea's not honey holes just ideas for an opportunity at a cow and a wolf since I am going to have a rifle in my hands I will be buying a wolf tag! Thanks in advance...Bambam

You need to look at the regulations. Most districts that are west of where you've been hunting are either limited in the cow departments. The Big Hole has an either sex cow season, but will be a mad house, and not many elk stay over there that late.

I been looking at the regs and trying to decide the best options, I know that where we hunt now there are lots of opportunities but its just so far. Might have to just suck it up and go back?

Back