MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT Deer Frustrating

montanadogs

Waited for 2 days for this guy to come off a 10 acre private strip of land onto public or the adjacent property I have permission to hunt. Checked this morning, still there. What do you guys think, worth waiting him out?

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 382
I think I could wait him out. Of course my monster bucks were 10" spread 7 point and weird 5 point.

Pretty dandy whitetail. I'd wait him out, he'll move off that 10acre chunk pretty soon I'd think.

Looks like a buck worth being patient for! Good luck and hope to see him in a picture on the other side of the fence :p

I'm waiting him out. Snowing like crazy out and there is not a lot of cover on the 10 acres. Hopefully he'll move off. I found out that the property is part of the Broken O Ranch. The Broken O is own by the guy who owns Benjamen Moore paints, a dang Californian.(I don't have anything against Californian's I married one) They will not let anyone hunt deer on the 185,000 acres. they will allow speed goats, and they have guided pheasant hunts, but nothing else. Hopefully next pics of him will be with me in the background supporting is rack.

Last edited:
Not sure it it is really "hunting" if you are just waiting next to somebody's fence....

Ethics aside, it is a nice buck, but I would not waste 2 weeks of my life waiting for him to cross a fence.

Just got back, he crossed over the fence tonight right in front of my trail cam then in front of me at about 90 yards. He is missing his right side. As I was leaving I stopped by the guy who owns the property I hunt on and told him what I saw and to let him know I was leaving. He said about 1pm or so he heard 2 shots from what sounded like the field the buck has been in. He saw a truck speeding off from that direction as he was walking back to his house from feeding. My guess would be someone shot at him and hit his horn. So needless to say I'm letting him be this year and if he makes it to next year hopefully he'll be mine and he'll be bigger.

that's a real shame!...ph%$king road hunters :mad: they wound/kill a lot of animals they dont recover back here in the midwest.
well...he was nice...keep your trailcam on him next year...he'll be a real dandy come next season.

Back