More pneumonia in MT

mdunc8

Not sure how I missed this as it's in the unit I typically apply, but it looks like one of the populations south of Bozeman took a hit this spring. Hopefully it doesn't spread throughout the rest of the canyon.

I just went to Gardiner yesterday to deal with the bison deaths and to see where the location of Bill Hoppes domestic sheep were, which are carriers of pneumonia that will wipe out Bighorns and bison with Malignant Catarrhal Fever. I hiked up to a ridge that overlooked the area, which Bighorns have been spotted on. I will get the photos edited later to put online so that you can see this wildlife corridor area and right next to it, outfitter Hoppe has disease reservoir sheep that can infect wildlife in less than a 1/4 mile.

While hiking for a vantage point, I flushed up deer, elk were spotted, we saw two bison near the Forest Service Administrative cabin and just after I had taken my camera shots, a bull bison had strolled where I had just crossed. Got some footage of him as well. This is not safe for Bighorns, bison or deer.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YellowCreek
Back